Brief history of department:
Department of dermatology at GMC, Guntur got permission from MCI to start MD in dermatology in 1965 and degree was recognized in 1968 as per information in SIR p.g. 3.G.O.letter was not furnished for verification.
Department of dermatology, vernerology, leprology was clubbed in to single department as DVL in July-2004 ( G.O. No.11449/E2/2003, dt.7-2-2004)
Date of Starting course -1982.
Date of examination 1st batch-MD(Derm) & DD from 1982 to 1987 under SV Univeristy and form 1987 on wards under Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada till 2004. MD(DVL) & DDVL from 2005 onwards under Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada.
M.D(Venerology), DVL from 1982 to 1987 under SV university and from 1987 onwards under Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada.
The M.D(Derm) and M.D(Ven) courses were combined vide Andhra Pradesh Govt. Memo.No.11449/F2/03, dt.07.02.2004.
The Post graduate committee considered the matter together with W.P. No.3372/2005, Dr. B. Naryana Reddy and 28 others –Vs- the medical council of India andors. In the high court of AP at Hyderabad and decided to recommended that M.D(derm)/MD(vern)/MD(derm& Ven) be treated at par with the combined speciality.
i.e.M.D Dermatology, Venerology, Leprosy.
PGseats in Department:
MD(DVL): 3 seats.
DDVL: 3 seats.
Services provided by the Department:
- Out patient Clinic
- In Patient Services
- Referral Services to the Department.
- STI(Suraksha) Clinic, medico-legal services.
- Speciality Clinics – PUVA Clinic
Cosmetic Dermatology Clinic
- Health awareness camps to children , general public
- Undergraduate teaching .
- PG teaching, academic activites.
- Conducting work shops, CME Programme
- Guiding PG Students in doing thesis work.
Papers presented at National/ State conferences by post graudates(last 3 years):
1.NVP indudced SJS increasing trend – Dr. Sindhu.
1.Psoriasis in HIV – Dr.R.Jyothi
2.NVP induced surgical emergency – Dr.G. Sirisha
3. Xeroderma pgimentosum – Dr.R. Jyothi
4. Clinico- epidemiological study of STIS- Dr. Suhasini.
5. Cuatenous manifestations of HIV – Dr. Swapna.
6. HIV and steroids – Dr. Vinay
7.Clinico epidemiological study of dermatophyte infections –
Dr. Vinay kumar.
International Conference -2013
1.Clinico epidemiological study of cutaneous adverse drug reactions – Dr. Sravani.
2. NVP induced surgical emergency – Dr. Sirisha.
3. Psoriasis in HIV – Dr. Jyothi
4.Clinico epidemiological study of vitiligo – Dr. Suhasini.
5. Varying presentations of SLE – Dr. Soumya.