DEPARTMENT OF GENERAL SURGERY
The Department of surgery is one of the prestigious departments with 60 years legacy rooted in 1955. The post Graduation course in MS General Surgery started in 1958 and obtained MCI Recognition in 1963. The department trained thousands of under graduates and hundreds of post graduate students who have been rendering tremendous services to the suffering surgical patients thought out the globe and have been causing a niche to this premier institution.
This is the tertiary care centre serving 200 kms radius all around the GGH/GMC, Guntur.
Services Provided by the Department:-
- Teaching for us and PG students.
- Conduction of elective emergency surgical procedures.
- 24hrs patient care.
- Open/laparoscopic surgery
- We are conducting
Tumour clinics are being conducted on weekly basis to create awareness in population regarding the diseases and their prevention and attending surgical OP.
Medical Camps at rural areas.
- Aarogyasree health care services.
- Dr. Y. Kiran kumar, Professor of Surgery : Single incision laparoscopic surgery at APASICON 2013
- P. Prasad PG: Pseudo tumour of colon at APASICON 2013