History of department of Pharmacology:
The pharmacology department was started in the year 1955 in the ground floor of Achanta Rukminamma memorial building.
Post Graduate Course Organized By MCI started in the year 1957 and the seat is recognized under the able guidance of the successive professors in the department .
A central animal house was started in the year 1954 with guinea pigs,rabbits ,rats and mice
A new building for animal house was constructed with all amenities in the year 2006
Two post graduate seats were increased in the year 2010 and the extra seats are yet to be recognized by MCI.