Department of Dental Surgery
Brief History of Department:-
The Dental Department was in existence in the District Head quarters Hospital with a honorary post till 1954. In 1955, the post of lecture in Dental Surgery was created. In 1970 the post of professor of Dental Surgery and Asst. Professor of Dental Surgery posts were created along with dental Assistant Surgeon. In 1987 posts of Dental Technician and dental Hygiene were created to assist the Dental Surgeons working in the department.
1) Services Provided by the Department:
Out patient Work: Dental extraction, Dental Fillings, scaling, Trauma cases and Medico legal cases Prosthetic treatment for cleft palate care & call duties.