Department of Anaesthesiology, Guntur Medical College Guntur.
Anaesthesiology is a key for the development of all branches of surgery. The Department first started in July 1954.
1957- TWIN THEATERS WERE COMMENCED
1962- POST OF Lecturer upgraded to professor
1966- Diploma in anaesthesia started
1967- Two more theaters were added with one additional professor
1970- M.D. Anaesthesia course started.
1986 –One Professor with 2 Asst.professors sanctioned for traumatolgy unit
1998 – Two associate professor posts sanctioned
2003 – 14 bedded Intensive Care Unit started.
2004- 6 bedded PACU started.
2013 – M.D.seats enhanced from 3 to 4
1. Pre-Anaesthesia for all surgical cases.
2. Anaesthesia Services (Perioperative management) for surgical and allied specialties, Superspeciality like Neurosurgery, Pediatric surgery, Plastic surgery and Urology.
3. Emergency Resuscitation services to Patients in Emergency department including trauma and wards.
4. Intensive care Unit services In RICU for Patients on Ventilator support.
5. Anaesthesia for diagnostic s procedures like CT scan, MRI and cathlab procedures. Monitored Anaesthesia care.
6. Training of Interns and Postgraduate students. Teaching Undergraduates and Postgraduates.
7. Anaesthesia Technician training and Basic life support training for Interns and Paramedics.
8. Round the clock emergency Anaesthesia services for Obstetric and Non Obstetric surgical cases.
“A comparative study of caudal bupivacaine and midazolam for post operative analgesia in pediatric patients”- K Himabindu, T Venugopalarao, PK Subramanyam. January-March 2012 Volume 1 | Issue 1, Journal of Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences.
1. “Wakeup safe – Safety and outcome in Pediatric anaesthesia”- Dr.T.Venugoaplarao, 22nd Annual conference Indian Society of Anesthesiologists, Andhrapradesh, Khammam, October 2013.
2.”Role of Hypotensive Anaesthesia in ENT procedures.” –Dr.T.Venugoaplarao, 32nd Annual Conference of the Association of Otolaryngologists of India, Andhra Pradesh State Branch on Sept.2013.
3.”Humanities in Medical Curriculum” – Dr.T.Venugoaplarao, 2nd AP State conference on Medical Education Jan 2012 MMC, Khammam.
4.”Newer Evaluation Methods”- Dr.T.Venugopalarao, 1st AP State Conference on Medical Eduction, JAN2011 A.M.C. Vishakhapatnam.
1.” PROSPECTIVE STUDY OF THORACIC EPIDURAL ANESTHESIA USING 0.5% BUPIVACAINE IN ONCOLGIC MASTECTOMIES” – DR.Y.MADHURI
2. “ANAESTHETIC MANAGEMENT OF A CASE OF PAPILLARY CARCINOMA THYROID WITH PARKINSON’S DISEASE POSTED FOR TOTAL THYROIDECTOMY “- DR.B.SANDHYA
3. “ANAESTHETIC MANAGEMENT OF A PRIMIGRAVIDA WITH CORRECTED TETROLOGY OF FALLOT & HYPOTHYROIDISM- A CASE REPORT “- DR.K.UMA MANJULA
4. “LAST MINUTE COMPLICATIONS IN ANESTHESIA PRACTICE “- DR.NARESH SURISETTI (Poster Presentation)
(Presented in the 22nd Annual conference Indian Society of Anesthesiologists, Andhrapradesh, Khammam, October 2013.)
5.”Anaesthetic Management of Swelling in oral cavity in a new born”- ISA National conference, Luck now.(Poster Presentation) –Dr.Swetha Purohith.
1. Appreciation award to Dr.T.Venugoaplarao by American association of Physicians of Indian Origin (AAPI) for the support and dedication towards Medical Education, 30th AAPI Annual Convention, Losangels – June2012
2. APMGUSA Leadership Award to Dr.T.Venugoaplarao for the development of Emergency Care education and training in Andhrapradesh –JAN 2011.
3. Appreciation awards to Dr.L.Ravi, and Dr.B.B.S.Rohini Ratna Sree, Tutors for their services in Jan, 2013 by Superintendent, GGH, Guntur